In Mullingar Community College we recognise that this is an area of ongoing development and that current thinking and practice may well be superseded by future developments. Therefore this document should be seen as an evolving one that will need adaptation in the light of future new perspectives and the emerging needs of students.
Essentially the Student Support Team is a student-focused mechanism put in place in order to:
- co-ordinate the support available for students in the school
- facilitate links to the community and other non-school support services
- enable students with support needs to continue to access a full education
- assist staff to manage those students effectively
- ensure new staff members are briefed about policies and procedures relating to student wellbeing and support
- advise school management on the development and review of effective student support policies and structures
While MCC personnel may discuss any student at a Student Support Team Meeting, signed parental consent is required when any non-staff attendee is participating in such discussions.