View all courses
Apprenticeship preparatory programme Level 5
This programme provides learners with the foundation required to pursue an apprenticeship in the engineering trades. It is the ideal starting point to explore the various apprenticeship options available. Students will gain hands-on experience in preparing for an apprenticeship in their desired trade.
This course is designed to
• provide participants with a hands-on introduction to the broad range of the skills required to work in the construction and engineering industry
• prepare students for apprenticeships in Engineering related areas
• prepare participants for entry to ordinary level degree and honours degree programmes in related fields.
- Engineering workshop processes
- Engineering workshop theory
- Communications/ Customer Service
- Work Experience
- Business Administration Skills
- Computer Aided drafting (CAD)
All applicants will be considered. If the Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied has been completed, details should be submitted with your application.
Mature learners may be exempt from the academic requirements.This course is intensive and requires applicants to have a high level of ability, enthusiasm and commitment.
Test for colour blindness is also a necessity
As part of the higher education links scheme, graduates are eligible for consideration for academic progression routes in the universities and institutes of technology.
Applicants are advised to check with the individual admissions offices of such institutes or access www.fetac.ie or www.cao.ie for further information.
- Progression to an apprenticeship in the construction or engineering fields
Open Evening on Thursday 8th March 2018 (4 – 7pm)
for further details contact Ms Elaine Kelly, PLC Coordinator, Ekelly.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 086 1437088 or for regular updates see our facebook page at www.facebook.com/MCC.PLC