View all courses
Mathematics for College Entry 5N1833QQI FETAC Level 5 Minor Award
This class is designed for students who are doing or have completed QQI – FETAC Level 5 Major award and who need Mathematics for admission to their University or Institute of Technmology Course.
Tutor: Joanna Byrne
Objectives of the Programme Module
• To facilitate the learner in their progression of using mathematics for work and life
• To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Mathematics[5N1833] through the medium of the indicative content
• To enable the learner to take responsibility for his her own learning
• To assist the learner to apply mathematics in a variety of real life situations
• To enable the learner to acquire mathematical skill in problem solving and mathematical investigations in the following areas: mathematical modelling, statistics and probability, graphing functions, differential and integral calculus, complex numbers and trigonometry
• To facilitate the learner to develop competence in problem solving, mathematical, computation, mathematical thinking and conceptual development
Assessment is by Examination and Assignments.