View all courses
ECDL Essentials for TY Students (Including Exam fees)
Certificate in Special Education Needs for Special Needs Assistants -Level 7 (15 ECTS) with St Angela’s College
Mon / Wed (11 weeks Starts 7/10/2019) 6.45-9.45pm
This programme is offered at pre-undergraduate level in collaboration with St Angels College for those currently interested in or working as Special Needs Assistants in primary, post-primary and specialist settings and those early childhood sector, other educational settings or working as a personal assistant / carer. (accredited by NUI, Galway)
Venue: Mullingar Community College.
Proposed Dates: Monday and Wednesdays, 6.45pm to 9.45pm.
Tutor/s: Bob Keating and Specialist Tutors for some sessions (see timetable).
Participants: A minimum of 15 participants would be needed in order for the course to commence.
Application form: The application form for the course will be available on our website http://www.stangelas.nuigalway.ie/ on the home page in latest news section on Friday the 12th of July with a return date of Monday the 29th of July.
The criteria for Applications for this programme is that priority will be given to those working in SNA positions if the course is oversubscribed.
Modules are (15 ECTS):
- Introductory module
- Students with Special Educational Needs;
- Social and Curricular Inclusion for students with SEN – A Whole School Approach
Proposed Dates for Certificate in SEN For SNAs Mullingar
- Monday 7th October / Wednesday 9th October
- Monday 14th October/ Wednesday 16th October
- Monday 21st October / Wednesday 23rd October
- Monday 4th November / Wednesday 6th November
- Monday 11th November / Wednesday 13thNovember
- Monday 18th November / Wednesday 20th November
- Monday 25th November / Wednesday 27th November
- Monday 2nd December / Wednesday 4th December
- Monday 9th December / Wednesday 11th December
- Monday 6th January / Wednesday 8th January
- Monday 13th January