View all courses
Cambridge First certificate in English Course
Tutor: Chamine Tiernan
In this 18-week course you will master all the different types of exam tasks and learn lots of exam techniques. You will also revise grammar, extend your vocabulary and practise your speaking, listening, and reading skills. You will be introduced to different types of writing such as reviews, formal and informal e-mails, articles, essays and reports. In class teachers use a textbook, sample and past papers and some additional audio-visual materials.
You will be expected to spend at least 4 hours per week on self- study and written assignments.
- Detailed placement test before you start at small extra fee
- Small classes (10 students max)
- Textbook will be required at extra cost.
- Balanced syllabus with a focus on all four exam papers
- Assistance with exam registration
Required level of English Upper Intermediate B2
What is the FCE Certificate?
The First Certificate in English (also called First) is a B2 level English certificate issued by the University of Cambridge and recognised by employers, governmental and educational institutions around the world.
The FCE (First Certificate in English) is an exam for people who are able to use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level. It is one of the most popular exams in English as a foreign language. The certificate is widely recognised around the world for both business and study purposes.
What Does The FCE Exam Look Like And Where I Can Take It?
The exam is divided into four parts:
- Reading and Use of English,
It aims at testing English used in every-day life, media and work. All written parts take place on the same day whereas the Speaking component may be scheduled on a different day. You can take the exam in one of the official exam centres and you need to register for it a few weeks before the exam date. We will be very happy to help you register for the exam. Please note there is an exam fee payable to the exam centre and it is not included in our course fee. For more information on the exam, its structure and exam dates go to Cambridge English website.Page Break
Reasons for taking the Examination
- Accepted for entry to foundation/pathway/pre-sessional courses in English-speaking countries.
- Accepted for entry to undergraduate programmes taught in the medium of English in non-English-speaking countries.
- These are just a few of the leading organisations that will accept your certificate:
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Ernst and Young
- Marks and Spencers