Bicycle Maintenance Express Bootcamp
Tutor : Scott Kinsella
Did you buy a bike on the “Bike to work” scheme or have you started racing / triathlons? On this course you will learn how to deal with on-the-road emergencies, preventative maintenance before and after racing / touring, how to set up and do basic repairs on your bicycle
You will also learn the names and functions of parts on different types of bicycles and how to clean & what to lubricate.
- Emergency roadside repairs
- Wheel truing
- Chain repair
- Emergency Tyre repair
- Emergency puncture repair
- Road side brake adjustment
- Roadside Gear adjustment
- Essential tool kit
- How to check your brakes, tyre pressure and bolt connections.
- How to make minor brake and gear adjustments tighten brakes and stop those squeaks /clicks.
- How to make comfort adjustments to suit you adjusting saddle and handlebar height.
- How to fix your brakes replace cables and pads and learn how to set road and mountain bike.
- How to fix your gears replace cables and set front and rear dérailleurs – different gear shifters.
- How to replace chain / gear block using chain tool and split link, threaded / unthreaded blocks
- How to replace cranks and pedals.
- How to service your bottom bracket.
- How to service your headset.
- How to service your wheel axle.