View all courses
ADVANCED Special Needs Assisting QQI Level 6 (6N1957)
Tutor: Nadia Kartis
The Special Needs Assistant course is designed for learners who wish to progress from a QQI Level 5 to a QQI Level 6 qualification. The course content is structured to give a broader, knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding disabilities and or learning difficulties.
The Special Needs Assistant Level 6 course is ideal for Learners who wish to:
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of national and local models, multi-disciplinary teams, health and safety issues and educational provisions for children and young people with special needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the relevant concepts, theories and principles underpinning curriculum implementation.
- Create learning opportunities by devising and implementing Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) and individual behavior Plans (IBP’s) and introduce exercises that teach the child to look after themselves and their property which ultimately encourages independence, respect, self-esteem and responsibility.
- Assess the roles and responsibilities, and skill sets required by the SNA to assist the teacher in implementing the National curriculum.
- QQI Level 6 Minor Award in Special Needs Assistant (6N1957)
Learners must have gained QQI Level 5 Component Certificate Special Needs Assistant or equivalent to gain entry.
Garda Vetting and Work experience of 30 hours will be required