Curriculum » Evening Courses Course Details:
Spreadsheets using Excel QQI L5 (5N1977)
Ideal for those wishing to improve their knowledge and skill using MS Office Excel. Certification provided in QQI FETAC Level 5 Spreadsheet Methods. Also we cover the process of designing, creating and testing a small spreadsheet application.
Learners will be able to:
- Investigate a range of common uses for spreadsheets.
- Explore key spreadsheet elements including cells, cell references, numeric, alpha, and alphanumeric data, formulae, functions, graphs and macros.
- Demonstrate common spreadsheet usability features to include use of toolbars, window management, sorting, and filtering.
- Use spreadsheet design features involving data and cell formatting techniques which enhance understanding and legibility.
- Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution, and management of simple macros.
- Print complete or partial sections of a spreadsheet, formatted fit for presentation.
- Use advanced spreadsheet features including absolute and relative cell references, conditional IF statements, statistical, financial, and date and time functions.
- Generate a variety of types of graphs, with appropriate titles and labels, from spreadsheet data.
- Produce a spreadsheet, with minimal supervision, that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and resourcefulness in editing and amending spreadsheets to ensure they are fit for purpose.