Millmount Road, Mullingar
Ph 044 9340786
QQI / FETAC Level 5 Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised course is designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and competence to produce and maintain accurate bookkeeping records for a range of organisations and small businesses, using manual and computerised systems.
Tutor: Martina Whyte FCA, MITI, PGDE
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN …..
· Explain the key terminology associated with the recording and maintenance of bookkeeping records, using manual and using Sage 50 computerised systems
· Complete the books of first entry with appropriate VAT and departmental analysis from the information contained in a range of source documents to include; invoices, credit notes, bank records, petty cash vouchers.
· Post the information from the daybooks to the appropriate accounts in the ledgers.
· Extract a trial balance at the end of an accounting period.
· Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement from data supplied.
· Prepare the end-of-period VAT Return in accordance with the requirements of the Revenue Commissioners.
· Process all tasks as per the manual ones using an accounts package SAGE 50 Accounts, comparing manual and computerised results.
· Analyse tasks completed making appropriate corrections to any errors and editing of data as directed.
· Print a selection of reports after backing up computerised data on a suitable medium.
· Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for record keeping purposes.